Generate Your Own Clean, Renewable Energy
After retrofitting to seal up energy leaks, the next best way to save money on electricity bills is to generate your own clean, renewable energy. A number of rebates and incentives are available to help you install renewable energy systems, including solar water heaters, solar panels, small-scale wind, and geothermal systems.
- Federal renewable energy tax credits
- MA tax incentives for renewable energy installations: income tax, property tax, sales tax
- Statewide incentives for solar installation, micro wind
- Concord Municipal Light Plant solar incentives
- Municipal utility customers, check here to see if your utility participates in this program
Once you’re generating clean energy at home, you can sign up for net metering, a service through which utilities compensate customers for energy they generate but do not use. Contact your utility company to sign up.